BIMAC afternoon seminar
- This event has passed.
Finance techniques for a successful contribution to company growth
Best practices brought to the finance professional
What do we talk about?
Companies go through different phases in their journey for growth.
Different company stages & strategies, from growth to turnaround to distress: it will influence the level and kind of funding, resources and capabilities needed.
Which resources does this require? How do you align funding? How can finance contribute to managing this growth successfully?
At our upcoming event on May 23, we will dig deeper on this!
What to expect?
- Theory brought into practice
We do this with the help of experienced finance professionals from Deloitte FAS, and some use cases that illustrate
- Interactive sessions
Sufficient time for reflection, experience sharing between participants & a panel debate to close the day
- Learning while networking
Dedicated sessions & sufficient breaks to share experiences with your finance peers
We hope to see you in large numbers for an interesting & interactive afternoon!
17:00 Introduction BIMAC: Tom Libbrecht and Paul Denayer
17:10 Introduction Deloitte: The Growth Journey by Jan Baetens
(Manager Debt & Capital Advisory)
17:20 Use case Showpad: Jacob Quartier
17:50 Deloitte transition, signals of slowing growth: Stephan Brouwers
18:00 Use case Arvesta: Kris Geysels
(Chief Financial Officer)
18:30 Interactive session in small groups
19:00 Panel debate: Dominique Van Peer (ING), …
- Vice President Finance, Showpad
- Jacob Quartier, leading our company’s financial operations during a time of explosive growth. In his role, he oversees all financial and accounting operations, including planning and analysis, budget management, and reporting.
- Jacob brings more than a decade of experience in financial management to his current role. Prior to Showpad, Jacob held several finance roles at Nuance Communications and Profource. While serving those companies, he did several international assignments. Jacob holds a master’s degree in business economics.
- CFO, Arvesta
- He has over 25 years of experience as CFO and CEO, leading large international companies through turnaround situations. He started his career as auditor and subsequently started up Corporate Finance activities at an international audit firm.
- Kris specializes in financial restructuring, turnaround management, cash and working capital management, distressed M&A, prepacks and crisis management. He worked for various stakeholders like private equity firms, financial investors and hedge funds but also for family owned businesses.
- Director, restructuring Services, Deloitte
- Stephan has more than 10 years of restructuring and M&A experience in several countries across Europe and also the US. Stephan currently leads the Restructuring practice within Deloitte Belgium
- His experience includes advising clients on complex debt and equity solutions, healthy and distressed M&A, independent business reviews, short term cash and turnaround management, out-of-court restructurings, insolvency procedures, re-financings, carveouts, buy & sell-side due diligences, project finance and overall strategic advise. Stephan worked for various stakeholders like managements of listed companies, private equity firms, financial investors, hedge funds and shareholders of SME’s. Stephan has worked on projects in a number of industries such as chemicals, renewables, ports, technology, media, telecom, real estate, construction, leisure, agrifood, diamonds and aviation.
- Manager, Debt & Capital Advisory Belgium, Deloitte
- Jan graduated as a Master in Commercial Engineering at the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium) and was involved in 2 exchange programs with ESAN University in Lima (Peru) and IAE Montpellier (France). He joined Deloitte in 2018 as Manager within the Debt & Capital Advisory team in Belgium. Before, he spent 5.5 years within wholesale banking where he was active as Corporate Lending Advisor. Jan managed a portfolio of corporate clients, active in Natural Resources and Chemicals, where he was responsible for all lending-related matters and end-to-end management of credit applications.
- Jan’s studies and past work experience specialized him in financial analysis, commercial finance and corporate lending. On top, Jan passed CFA Levels 1 & 2 and holds an accreditation as Moody’s Certified Credit Analyst. He is mainly responsible for deal origination and first line involvement in transaction processes on a wide range of debt advisory projects, focused on publicly- and privately-owned corporates and investors. Therefore he maintains constant interaction with clients, banks and advisors.
Time: 16:30 – 20:30
Location: Ghent, Redloft
Bimac members: free
Non BIMAC members: € 150 (excl VAT)